This blog is a hodgepodge of things I want to share, from the good deals I find to my newfound cake decorating hobby and everything in between. Enjoy!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Gender Reveal Cake

Saturday was the big day I got to announce to my family and friends the sex of our baby. Having known since Tuesday, it wasn't as hard to keep a secret as I thought it would be.


At the party, people kept trying to read into everything to figure out what the sex was by clues. My sister-in-law said "your nails are painted pink" to which I replied "but my toes are painted blue." A friend commented that Greg was wearing a blue shirt, and I told them that 90% of Greg's shirts are blue! I had to inform everyone that there were no clues and they would have to wait to cut into the cake I made to find out what it is!





We made everyone choose a team and wear a necklace based on their choice. It was 9-boy to 8-girl.



So after some delicious BBQ made by Greg, it was time to cut into the cake. We let the Grandma's do the honor since we already knew what was inside.


 You can see from the blue filling that IT'S A BOY!


Team Boy

Team Girl
We couldn't be happier to finally know the sex. Now it's time to start planning all the details in preparation for November 15.





No comments:

Post a Comment