This blog is a hodgepodge of things I want to share, from the good deals I find to my newfound cake decorating hobby and everything in between. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gender Reveal Cupcakes!

My co-worker and I thought it would be fun to announce the sex of her baby to our office by having a gender reveal party. Super trendy, I know. She told me what it was the night before, and as hard as it was I kept it a secret until the party. I went home that night and got to work on some gender reveal cupcakes!

First, I made white cake cupcakes in both blue and pink wrappers. I made a small hole in the cupcakes (you don't have to do this, but I wanted to make sure to have room for a lot of filling).


I filled the cupcakes with PINK! butter cream, and then topped them off with yellow (neutral) butter cream.


I decided these cupcakes would be much cuter with a little decoration, so I rolled out some green fondant, cut a circle with a cookie cutter, and stamped it with a Wilton Letter Press question mark.



The party was a lot of fun, coworkers gathered around and all broke into their cupcakes at once to reveal the gender!


Mom-to-be

Mom-to-be





1 comment:

  1. These were so cute! The little question marks just put it over the top.

    ReplyDelete