For my husbands 30th birthday, I wanted to cook him a dinner that he would really enjoy. He really likes chicken pot pie, so I looked up how to make one. It looked really complicated! Then I found this recipe for chicken pot pie cupcakes. These reminded me of my very successful meatloaf cupcakes, so I decided to give them a try.
- 2 cups of cooked chicken breasts diced (I poached mine)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup frozen mixed veggies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of dried italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (10 oz) cans Pillsbury Grands Junior biscuits
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, cheese, herbs and spices.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and place the Pillsbury biscuits into each cup, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.
- Evenly spoon the pot pie mixture into each biscuit cup. Slide into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Check at the 12 minute mark.
- Let rest for about 3 minutes and dig in!
These were seriously SO good. I was planning to eat two (to save points for dessert) but ended up eating 5!
My husband also really loves baked apple type desserts, so I decided to try these apple maple turnovers. I thought they were pretty good, and I hope he did too! It was my first time using puff pastry- and I can't wait to try more things with it.