This blog is a hodgepodge of things I want to share, from the good deals I find to my newfound cake decorating hobby and everything in between. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes

For my husbands 30th birthday, I wanted to cook him a dinner that he would really enjoy. He really likes chicken pot pie, so I looked up how to make one. It looked really complicated! Then I found this recipe for chicken pot pie cupcakes. These reminded me of my very successful meatloaf cupcakes, so I decided to give them a try.


Ingredients

  • 2 cups of cooked chicken breasts diced (I poached mine)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup frozen mixed veggies
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 tablespoon of  dried italian seasonings
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 2 (10 oz) cans Pillsbury Grands Junior biscuits


Directions

  1. Preheat your oven to 400.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, cheese, herbs and spices.
  3. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and place the Pillsbury biscuits into each cup, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.
  4. Evenly spoon the pot pie mixture into each biscuit cup. Slide into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Check at the 12 minute mark.
  5. Let rest for about 3 minutes and dig in!
These were seriously SO good. I was planning to eat two (to save points for dessert) but ended up eating 5!


My husband also really loves baked apple type desserts, so I decided to try these apple maple turnovers. I thought they were pretty good, and I hope he did too! It was my first time using puff pastry- and I can't wait to try more things with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment