This blog is a hodgepodge of things I want to share, from the good deals I find to my newfound cake decorating hobby and everything in between. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Month 1 (2011) – Pita House

This year, I wanted to do something different as a New Years Resolution. Something I could actually keep. Since I am possibly the worlds pickiest eater, and my husband has to deal with eating the same couple of foods over and over, I decided I would let him pick any dinner once a month and I would eat it - no matter what. This is going to involve me trying a lot of new foods and foods that I haven’t eaten in years.

For January, my husband chose to eat out at Pita House. Having never tried Mediterranean Cuisine, I was a little nervous, but I wasn't too worried. Thank goodness my husband chose to go easy on me the first month!  

As an appetizer we tried Mama Ghannouj which is mashed char grilled zucchini blended with tahini, parsley and olive oil. It was served cold with pita bread.

Mama Ghannouj

To drink I had Tamarind Juice. I had never heard of tamarind before, but a quick Google search on my iPhone told me that tamarind is a tropical African fruit and can be used as jam, juice, sobets or ice creams. The juice had a hint of sour taste at the beginning of the sip, but left a very sweet aftertaste. It was very good.

For dinner I had the Chicken Kabab Entrée which was charcoal grilled strips of tender chicken served with salad, rice pilaf and hot pita bread. My husband had the Combination Feast which was a combination of Shish Kabab, Shawarma, and Kifta Kabab served with salad, rice pilaff, and hot pita bread.

Chicken Kabob


Overall, everything tasted good and I give the whole meal an 8 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim. This is a great start to your blog. I can't wait to read about all the other new foods you'll try throughout the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree with Tina. I want to hear how you feel about these new foods! (I don't know if I would have eaten the Medditeranean stuff)

    ReplyDelete