This blog is a hodgepodge of things I want to share, from the good deals I find to my newfound cake decorating hobby and everything in between. Enjoy!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Wilton Gumpaste and Fondant: Week One

I was very excited to start my next Wilton class. I learned a few things in the decorating basics, but there were a lot of things I already knew. I have never worked with fondant, so I had a lot to learn!

The first week we spent time learning how to roll, cut and dye the fondant. We prepped some flower bases for next week and we were also tasked with making a bow! I chose teal for my bow color and I was very pleased with how it turned out.



I let the bow sit and harden, and Thursday night my husband said his coworkers had Thursday cake with drawl. I told him that if he baked the cake I would decorate it with some left over chocolate frosting and the bow I made.

He got out the yellow cake mix, and I was shocked when he started adding peanut butter and Heath bits. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it tasted delicious! I decorated it with frosting, lined the edges with Heath and set the bow on top! Oh, did I forget to mention that the middle is layered with banana? YUMMY! This is our chocolate, peanut butter, toffee, banana cake creation:

1 comment:

  1. You learned how to cut, roll, and dye it but what is it made out of? Do you mix ingrediants to make it or is it premade?

    ReplyDelete