This blog is a hodgepodge of things I want to share, from the good deals I find to my newfound cake decorating hobby and everything in between. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April Cupcakes (Birthday & New Baby)

For my husbands birthday, we had a party at Dave and Busters. If I brought a cake, I was told there would be a $50 cake cutting fee! I guess this is because they would need to provide us with plates and forks. Since I didn't want to pay for that, I decided to make cupcakes instead! Greg wanted funfetti cupcakes, so that is what I made with blue buttercream frosting and sprinkles! Simple, but classic.


In addition to it being Greg's birthday in April, my sister-in-law had a baby girl! Her request was that I make chocolate cupcakes with cherry filling to celebrate the birth. I bought cherry pie filling, blended it up and inserted it into the cupcake using the Wilton cupcake filling tip. Since I had extra cherry filling, I decided to try mixing some with the buttercream frosting I made. The frosting tasted a bit fruity and had bits of cherry in it, perfectly complementing the cherry chocolate filling. For the baby girl, I made them pink with purple flowers!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute! How did everyone like the filling?

    ReplyDelete