This blog is a hodgepodge of things I want to share, from the good deals I find to my newfound cake decorating hobby and everything in between. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Month 5 (2011) - Fish

Ok, so I know I didn't technically eat any fish in May. We were planning on it, but May turned out to be a really busy month for us, so today was the earliest we could get around to it! 

We wanted to go out for fish. Having never cooked it at home, I was a little worried about how it would turn out, so we went to Bonefish Grill.

To start out, we ordered the Bang Bang shrimp, tender, crispy shrimp tossed in a creamy, spicy sauce. It was amazing. One if the best shrimp appetizers I have ever tried. I would definitely get this again, it was perfect for two people to share.


Next, we had ceasar salad. The other couple we were with ordered anchovies on their salad, and they convinced me to try one. I figured, since it is my day to try fish, I might as well try an anchovy. Surprisingly, I didn't hate it. I mean, I wouldn't order it on my own, but it wasn't horrible, all I could really taste was salt with a slight "fishy" taste.


For an entrĂ©e, I ordered Chilean Sea Bass. The texture was good, and it had a nice clean taste to it. It wasn't "fishy" at all. The restaurant Web site says "This rich, melt-in-your-mouth fish is tender, buttery, and moist with large, thick flakes." That pretty much describes it. To top it off, I had warm mango salsa. It complimented the sea bass wonderfully. With steamed broccoli as a side, it was the perfect amount of food, and very healthy also. 


Overall, I really enjoyed the fish. I would definitely eat this again, and I would go to Bonefish Grill again. This has been one of the better months for tasting new foods.


Bang Bang Shirmp, Anchoy, Chilean Sea Bass




 I give this meal a 9 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment