This blog is a hodgepodge of things I want to share, from the good deals I find to my newfound cake decorating hobby and everything in between. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Month 6 (2011) - Chicken Kiev

In June, my husband decided to have me try chicken kiev. I wasn't sure how I would like it, but I went into it with an open mind. While at Dominick's, we picked out two types of kiev. We got broccoli cheese, and butter with spices. I liked the overall flavor of the butter kiev better, but the broccoli one was also really good. I would eat either one of them again, although the broccoli one was 2 less weight watcher points than the butter one so that would probably be the healthier choice!


While at Dominick's, we realized we needed to get something else to eat with the kiev. We looked at the pre-made pasta salads in the deli section and decided to try buffalo chicken pasta salad. It was OK. The flavor of the sauce, chicken and pasta was really good, but I didn't like the texture of the celery that was mixed in, or the flavor of the blue cheese. I don't think I would buy this again, but I can see how people who like blue cheese would love this salad.


Butter with spices kiev, broccoli cheese kiev, buffalo chicken pasta salad
I give this meal a 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment