This blog is a hodgepodge of things I want to share, from the good deals I find to my newfound cake decorating hobby and everything in between. Enjoy!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Month 8 (2011) - Sushi

When I first started the new year's resolution to let my husband pick a meal once a month, my only rule to him was no sushi. After my Seattle sushi experience, I decided I was ready to give it a try.

We went to Sushi Station. I researched what I wanted to eat before I got there, but ended up getting some other things as well.

For an appetizer, I got Shrimp Crispers: Crunchy deep fried shrimp made with lightly seasoned rice flour wrap. These were good, and of course I like them, I love shrimp.

The first roll I tried was the Spicy Tuna Roll: Minced tuna with spicy sauce. I didn't expect to like this one, but it was actually one of my favorites!

Next I tried a Hanako Roll: Cream cheese, tempura crumbs, imitation crab and green onions topped with mayo and teriyaki sauce. This roll was just OK, but not bad.

Then I got the Shrimp Tempura Roll: Shrimp tempura, cucumber, masago and tempura crumbs drizzled with unagi sauce. 

After this, I got the Paradise Roll: Shrimp tempura, toasted coconut flakes and avocado. Also one of my favorites! It tasted very tropical.

The last one I got was the Phoenix Roll: Spicy tuna, tempura crumbs and masago. I figured, since I like the Spicy tuna roll so much, I would like this one because it was basically the same but with some tempura.

Overall, it was very fun to pick sushi off of a rotating conveyor belt and I give this meal a 9 out of 10.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment