This blog is a hodgepodge of things I want to share, from the good deals I find to my newfound cake decorating hobby and everything in between. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Knit Baby Blanket

Since teaching myself to knit almost two years ago, I have made one scarf, one cable knit blanket (not quite done, will post when finished!) and one baby blanket. The baby blanket was created for my good friend who is due at the end of May. She opted not to find out the gender, so I went with white and yellow for the blanket.

The pattern I used, I found online. The pattern only showed one strand of yarn, although I decided to knit two stands together. The pattern also said to use size 6 circular needles. I cannot remember what I actually purchased, either size 6 or 8. They don't say the size on them either!

Here is the pattern:
Cast on 5 sts.
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: K3, yo, K2- 6 sts.
Row 3: K3, yo, K3- 7sts
Row 4: K3, yo, K to end of row.
Repeat row 4 until you have the blanket size you want.
Next (decrease) row: K2, yo, K2tog, K to end of row.
Rep last row until 5 sts. remain. Bind off.
Weave in ends.

This is what it got me:




No comments:

Post a Comment