This blog is a hodgepodge of things I want to share, from the good deals I find to my newfound cake decorating hobby and everything in between. Enjoy!

Friday, March 29, 2013

DIY Name Hanger (for the new bride...)

I have always seen clothing hangers on Etsy that would make the perfect gift for a bride. They are customized with the future name of the bride such as "Mrs. Smith" and would make for some gorgeous photos with a wedding dress hanging off of them.

A friend of mine is getting married next weekend, and I really wanted to purchase one of these hangers for her bachelorette party. After looking at the price of them (you already know how cheap I am), I decided that I could easily make this myself!

Here are the supplies I used:

  • A nice wooden hanger stolen from my husbands side of the closet. (I'm sure he loves that one of his work shirts is now on a "crappy" white plastic hanger!)
  • Pretty ribbon, which I already had from wrapping Christmas Presents. (I suggest a neutral such as the white and brown I used, or ribbon using the brides wedding colors.)
  • Craft wire. (I had some leftover from a previous Pinterst project which I got in the floral section at Michaels, but I also found this example on Amazon.)
  • Screw driver and screws
  • Glue
I sculpted the wire into the new last name of the bride. This took some trial and error, but I finally got it to look how I wanted. Remember to keep measuring the name so that it fits between the arms of the hanger. Then, I took a screwdriver and used the screws to make small holes on the inside arms of the hanger. I put a dab of glue inside the holes, and then inserted the ends of the wire into the holes. Finally, make a nice bow and secure around the top of the hanger with some glue! Done!


No comments:

Post a Comment