This blog is a hodgepodge of things I want to share, from the good deals I find to my newfound cake decorating hobby and everything in between. Enjoy!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Dirty Thirty Martini Cake

A friend at work asked me to make a birthday cake for her sister's 30th. Her theme was dirty thirty, and she wanted a pink martini cake. I baked a 9" x 13" cake and cut it to be shaped like a martini glass. I frosted it in white, and then added pink fondant to make the "liquid". I added pink sugar to the rim, made two lemon twists out of fondant and then added text to the cake.


My biggest problem with this cake was the lemon twists flattened out by the time I delivered the cake. Since I only used fondant, I think the moisture got to them. Next time I would use gum paste so they harden and don't flatten!

I do plan on creating another dirty thirty martini cake for another birthday this November, however it will be a dirty martini with olives instead of a pink martini with lemon twists. I will post pictures after I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment