This blog is a hodgepodge of things I want to share, from the good deals I find to my newfound cake decorating hobby and everything in between. Enjoy!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chocolate Covered Bacon

This week I wanted to try to combine two already delicious foods: Chocolate & Bacon. I have had bacon chocolate candy bars before, and I have heard of bacon slices covered in chocolate before and thought, it can't be to hard to make!

I cooked the bacon in the oven until it was crispy. Then I went to melt the chocolate chips. I tried using the double boiler, but the chocolate melted then turned hard and was a big mess. I put the mess in the microwave to try to melt it again, and it burnt. I was out of chocolate chips, so I ran to the store to grab more, and I picked a bag that had microwave instructions on the back. Turns out my issue was that I was microwaving them on full power, not half power as recommended.

Once I finally got the chocolate properly melted I dipped the bacon and Wala- Bacon Covered in Chocolate!



After tasting this bacon, it became clear that the ratio of bacon and chocolate was off. There was to much chocolate flavor and not enough bacon. 

A few days later I needed to bring a treat to work to celebrate a coworker's promotion, so I decided to try again. This time I used my Wilton decorating bag and drizzled the chocolate on the bacon. It tasted great and the ratio was perfect.


1 comment:

  1. Umm.....I like to comment on all your posts but I'm not really sure what to say about this one....

    ReplyDelete